Q Why is it in News?
The Union Education Minister has released an implementation plan for school education called SARTHAQ. SARTHAQ stands for ‘Students’ and Teachers’ Holistic Advancement through Quality Education.
Q What is SARTHAQ Plan?
- The Department of School Education and Literacy, Ministry of Education, has developed SARTHAQ.
- SARTHAQ is an indicative and suggestive implementation plan for school education.
- The plan was launched to implement the goals of the National Education Policy (NEP) 2020. Further, it will assist all the States/UTs in this task.
Q What are its Objectives ?
- To provide all-around development for the students at the primary and secondary level.
- To establish a safe, secure, inclusive and conducive learning environment for students as well as teachers.
- To meet the diverse national and global challenges of the present and the future. Further, it will help the students to imbibe 21st-century skills along with India’s tradition, culture and value system.
Q What are key features of the plan ?
- The plan keeps in mind the concurrent nature of education and adheres to the spirit of federalism.
- States and UTs are given the flexibility to adapt this plan with local contextualization. Also, they can modify it as per their needs and requirements.
- The implementation plan delineates the roadmap and way forward for the implementation of NEP, 2020 for the next 10 years.
Q Which goals of NEP will be meet with SARTHAQ ?
- The plan will pave the way for curriculum reforms. This includes the new national and state curriculum frameworks for school education as well as early childhood care and education.
- The programme will focus on the improvement of the enrollment ratio of children at all levels. Also, it will focus on reduction in dropouts also.
- Further, It will provide access to quality and Universal Acquisition of Foundational Literacy and Numeracy by Grade 3.
- It will implement vocational education, sports, arts, knowledge of India, 21st-century skills, values of citizenship, awareness of environment conservation in the curriculum.
- Apart from that, it will focus on experiential learning and will also improve the quality of Teacher Education Programmes.