Jun 16, 2018
- Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) has developed India's first unmanned tank. It has three variants, meant for: surveillance, mine detection and reconnaissance. The reconnaissance version can be used in areas with nuclear and bio threats.
- Muntra-S has been developed for unmanned surveillance missions.
- Muntra-M is built for detecting mines.
- Muntra-N will be deployed in areas where nuclear radiation or bio weapon risk is high.
- The tank is called Muntra (Mission UNmanned TRAcked). The tanks will facilitate Indian Armed forces in conducting unmanned surveillance missions. The Muntra tanks have surveillance radar, an integrated camera along with laser range finder, which can be used to spy on ground target about 15 kilometres away.