It is said that ISIS is far more dangerous than al-Qaeda. Do you agree...
- It is said that ISIS is far more dangerous than al-Qaeda. Do you agree...
Dec 05, 2016
It is said that ISIS is far more dangerous than al-Qaeda. Do you agree? Give reasons.
ISIS has been in international news since mid-2014 as a terrorist group. It is more dangerous than al-Qaeda for the following reasons:
1. ISIS is the richest terrorist group in history. It controls oil fields in Syria and Iraq that generate income and it has millions of dollars in ransoms for hostages ISIS has money in billions of dollars. ISIS’ territorial control allows for consistent stream of funding, and they‘ve developed an extensive extortion racket, as well as selling electricity and exporting oil and gas.
2. ISIS controls large territory in Syria and Iraq.
3. ISIS has evolved into a proto-state, with its own army, civil administration, judiciary and a sophisticated propaganda operation.
4. ISIS is the most heavily-armed Islamist extremist group in history, having captured huge amounts of military weapons and equipment in Iraq and Syria.
5. ISIS is out-recruiting Al-Qaeda.
6. The leader of ISIS, Abu-Bakr al-Baghdadi, is a charismatic leader who claims descent from the Prophet Mohammed. This will help recruit young, impressionable Muslims.
In summary, ISIS is an army, not just a terror group. ISIS is the biggest terror group ever. ISIS is actually established as a state, a caliphate at that, and it’s richer than al-Qaeda. It holds more territory than al-Qaeda, it’s drawing more recruits than al-Qaeda, and it’s more brutal than al-Qaeda.