Indo – Myanmar Relations
- Border security: A stable and peaceful border will help the bilateral partnership to expand further, Prime Minister Narendra Modi has told Myanmar’s State Counsellor Aung San Suu Kyi.
- He also asked her to prevent insurgent groups from finding a space to operate across the India-Myanmar border.
- Rohingya issue: India said that the speedy return from Bangladesh of the displaced Rohingya Muslims to their homes in Rakhine was in the interests of the region.
Indo – Japan Relations
- PM Modi meets Abe: They met on the sidelines of the East Asia Summit here during which China’s military and economic expansionism in the region figured prominently.
- They reviewed the security situation in the Indo-Pacific region and agreed to further increase bilateral cooperation in third countries for peace, prosperity and development.
- DHARMA GUARDIAN – 2019: It is a Joint Military Exercise between India and Japan.
- Exercise DHARMA GUARDIAN is an annual training event which is being conducted in India since 2018.
India and Iran Relations
- Modi and Rouhani meet: Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Iranian President Hassan Rouhani met on the sidelines of the UN General Assembly’s 74th session in New York.
- Chabahar Port: They discussed progress on Iran’s Chabahar Port, which India is helping to develop.
- 19th India-Iran joint commission: External Affairs Minister Subrahmanyam Jaishankar met with Iranian Foreign Minister Javad Zarif for a meeting of the 19th India-Iran joint commission, including talks on the Chabahar port, during a visit that could see him dealing with concerns of Indian expatriates over the Citizenship (Amendment) Act as well.
Indo – Israel Relations
- The Army successfully tested two newly-acquired Spike long-range anti-tank guided missiles at the Infantry School at Mhow, Madhya Pradesh.
- The Army has procured a small batch of 12 launchers and 250 missiles from Israel using its new financial powers to make emergency procurements.
Indo – Saudi Arabia Relations
- PM Modi embarks on two-day visit to Saudi Arabia: India and Saudi Arabia signed a raft of key pacts to significantly ramp up ties in several key sectors including oil and gas, renewable energy and civil aviation.
- Strategic Partnership Council: After the delegation-level talks, the two sides signed an agreement to establish the India-Saudi Arabia Strategic Partnership Council to coordinate decisions regarding strategically important issues.
India – Turkey Relations
- Turkey’s military action in Syria: India described Turkey’s military action in Syria as “unilateral” and asked Ankara to respect Syria’s territorial integrity and sovereignty. The Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) called upon Turkey to exercise restraint.
- Recent developments in Indo- Turkey relations: Toughh diplomatic exchanges between Turkey and India have intensified in recent weeks following India’s decision to end the special status of Kashmir.
- India issued a strong statement expressing “deep regret” after Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan took up the Kashmir issue in his speech at the UN General Assembly.