Indo – Nepal Relations
- Motihari-Amlekhgunj petroleum product pipeline: Prime Ministers of India and Nepal have jointly inaugurated a cross-border petroleum products pipeline. Pipeline carries petroleum products from Motihari in India to Amlekhgunj in Nepal. This is South Asia’s first cross-border petroleum products pipeline.
- Territory of Kalapani: India’s new mapof the country did not revise anything as far as the border with Nepal is concerned. The response came after Nepal’s Foreign Ministry complained that the map depicted Nepali territory of Kalapani as part of the Indian State of Uttarakhand.
- Tiger counting: With studies earlier this year reporting the presence of tigers in high altitude regions in India, experts from India, Nepal and Bhutan — under the aegis of their governments — will next year begin a detailed assessment on how entrenched tigers are, in these regions.
Indo – Bangladesh Relations
- Bangladesh cancelled the scheduled India visits by its Foreign Minister A.K. Abdul Momin and Home Minister Asaduzzaman Khan due to CAA and NRC controversy.
- Bangladesh anthem now in Sanskrit: The national anthem of Bangladesh has been given a Sanskrit makeover on the eighth death anniversary of the State’s cultural icon — Bhupen Hazarika.
- Border Security: The border force has procured an unspecified number of Israeli tether drones for the Dhubri sector that stretches from Meghalaya to Cooch Behar in West Bengal. Tethered to a base for continuous supply of power, these drones — worth ₹37 lakh each — are equipped with day-and-night vision cameras that can capture images within a range of 2 km
- NRC controversy: Dhaka will go by the assurances given by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, and not the public statements by other Indian leaders, on the National Register of Citizens (NRC) issue.