Indo – United Kingdom Relations
- The United Kingdom is keen on exploring trade and investment opportunities in infrastructure, healthcare and IT sectors in the Union Territory of Puducherry.
- Mr. Ballhatchet (Deputy High Commissioner, British Deputy High Commission for Tamil Nadu and Puducherry) on a visit to Puducherry, said he found the industrial plan laid down during a presentation by the Pondicherry Industrial Promotion Development and Investment Corporation Limited “ambitious and exciting”.
- Visit of UK’s Prince Charles to India: Prince Charles visited the India Meteorological Department (IMD) on 13th November, 2019. He appreciated the accurate predictions during cyclone FANI which crossed Odisha coast in May, 2019 and recent cyclone Bulbul which crossed West Bengal-Bangladesh coast in November, 2019.
- MoU between India and the UK on Cooperation in Weather and Climate Sciences: under which, an Implementation Agreement on Weather and climate science for service partnership also signed between India and the UK.
- Britain, European Union reach a new Brexit deal, though it must still be formally approved by the bloc and ratified by the European and UK Parliaments.