HNS is being executed under the State Nutrition Mission of Uttar Pradesh.
· It is a scheme for providing nutritious food to pregnant woman and malnourished children.
· Under this scheme, pregnant women and malnourished children would be given cooked food and one fruit each.
· Consultation would also be provided to pregnant women and malnourished children come under the age group of 7 months to 3 years along with facility of regular weight check up.
· The malnourished children would be given half kg desi ghee at the rate of 20 gm per child per day.
· The pregnant women would also be given iron tablets and children biscuit packets/puffed rice for consumption at home.
Pregnant women and malnourished children will be given health and nutrition related advice at the Aanganwadi centres.