Q. What are the objectives of the scheme?
A. To assist the needy disabled persons in procuring durable, sophisticated and scientifically manufactured, modern, standard aids and appliances that can promote their physical, social and psychological rehabilitation, by reducing the effects of disabilities and enhance their economic potential.
Q. Which is implementing body?
A. The scheme is implemented through implementing agencies such as NGOs, National Institutes under the Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment and ALIMCO (a PSU that manufactures artificial limbs).
Q. Which Ministry is responsible for scheme?
A.M/O Social Justice & Empowerment
Q. What is eligibility criteria for Scheme?
A. Any person satisfying all the following conditions are eligible:
1. Indian citizen of any age
2. Has 40% disability or more (must have the requisite certificate)
3. Monthly income, not more than Rs.20000.
4. In the case of dependents, income of parents/guardians should not exceed Rs.20000 per month.
5. Must not have received assistance during the last 3 years for the same purpose from any source. However, for children below 12 years of age, this limit would be one year.